A doctor’s referral is not necessary for hearing testing. Reports can be provided to your physician at no extra charge.
- Need a hearing exam as part of a referral to an ear specialist?
- Want to get a baseline of your hearing so you can monitor your hearing health over time?
- Do you feel your hearing has changed?
There are many reasons people request hearing testing at Highland Hearing Clinic.
Your hearing exam will be performed by a licensed audiologist who has 7 years of university training. Here’s what you can expect:
- a conversation with your audiologist about your overall health and hearing
- they’ll have a look in your ears
- they’ll check the movement of your eardrums and the little bones in behind them
- you’ll go into a quiet sound room and listen for words and tones
- your results will be explained to you and your questions answered
- if needed, you’ll make a plan together on how to help you hear better or refer you for medical follow-up